These grant application materials are outdated and are for information purposes only. New grant application materials will be available in July 2013.
The Minnesota State Arts Board and Minnesota's designated regional arts councils are entrusted with stewardship of significant new funding through the State of Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage (ACH) Fund. Proceeds from the fund may be spent only on arts and arts access, arts education and arts and cultural heritage. The fund is intended to create a strong arts legacy in Minnesota.
The East Central Regional Arts Council has Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (also known as Legacy) grants available for arts projects by individuals residing in Region 7E. This category provides support to organizations for a wide variety of larger arts projects involving the creation, sponsorship, publication, performance, and/or exhibition of art. Arts producing activities and an arts activity which is open to the public should result from the project. An Outcome Evaluation Plan is required for this funding program.
The ECRAC funds ACH requests for individual artists of up to $2,500. There are five application deadlines per year for this program, August 1, October 1, December 1, February 1, and April 1 for projects starting about 3 months later.
To apply you will need the following:
- FY 2012-2013 ECRAC ACH Guidelines (pdf) - read this before applying to understand the grant funding guidelines.
- FY 2012-2013 ECRAC ACH Application Instructions for Individuals (pdf) - read this before applying for the detailed application instructions.
- ECRAC ACH Individual Art Project Grant Application FY 2012-2013 (rtf and pdf). This is available as an rtf which you can open on your computer and use "save as" to make it your own file. It's also a pdf so that you can see what the hard copy of the application looks like.
- Additional materials as explained in both the instructions and the checklist on the final page of the application. These items ensure the eligibility of your organization and help to establish that the project fits the grant review criteria.
- RAC Data Collection Form (pdf) - this is required with all ECRAC grant applications.