This grant program has been revised. Applicants should read all application materials carefully!
- The first grant deadline for this program has been extended to November 1 each year!
- This is now an online only application.
- Guidelines have been revised.
- Artists are no longer allowed to give a 10 minute presentation during the grant review.
- We encourage you to attend a grant info session check out the calendar for in-person dates or go to http://tinyurl.com/ecracworkshop for an online version.
Helpful hint - pay attention to the earliest allowable start dates! The start date is the date you start to spend $ on the art grant project NOT the date of your event.
The East Central Regional Arts Council (ECRAC) developed the Individual Artist Program with McKnight Foundation funding to provide financial support to artists committed to personal artistic growth. Applications are encouraged from artists in all disciplines.
The applicant may be any individual artist who is a permanent resident (for at least 6 months) in one of the five Minnesota counties of: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, or Pine. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
The project should start at least 2 months after the grant application deadline. The project must be able to be completed within 14 months of the grant deadline.
To apply you will need the following:
1. FY 2017 ECRAC Individual Aritst Grant Guidelines and Instructions (pdf) - read this before applying to understand the grant funding guidelines and to find the application instructions. This pdf is in the download section at the bottom of this page when it is availabe (about 4 weeks before the deadline).
2. Additional materials as explained in both the instructions and the online grant application. These items ensure your eligibility as an applicant and help to establish that your application is complete.
3. The ECRAC Online Grant Portal application. See below for details.
How to Apply With the ECRAC Grant Application Portal
East Central Regional Arts Council has moved to an online granting system! All applications going forward must be submitted through the ECRAC Grant Portal. Please refer to the tips below to help you navigate the new system.
Links for each grant program application will only become available about 4 weeks prior to each grant deadline.
Getting Started: On your first visit to the ECRAC Grant Portal, you will need to create a new account with a username and password. Please note that if you are applying as an organization, your organization can only have one username and password for the online system. Please be sure to keep this information as you will need it again to access the Portal for grant requirements and for all future requests.
Returning to an Application: Your application does not need to be completed in one session and can be returned to and edited until you formally submit the application. Please be sure to save your application often while working on it and before you exit the system. To return to your application, you can access the ECRAC Grant Portal through the Manage My Grant page. There you may logon using the email address and password you created the first time you entered.
Uploading Information: There are fields in the application that will require you to upload information (documents, media, etc.). Please note that your information will not be completely uploaded until you click “Save”. Be sure to save your application often so as not to lose any progress or information.
Submitting an Application: Once you have completed and reviewed your application, you may submit the application for funding consideration. Once an application has been submitted you will be able to view the application, but not edit or make any changes to it.
For more assistance in navigating the ECRAC Grant Portal, please refer to this tutorial: ECRAC Grant Portal Tutorial – video link
If you need further assistance navigating the ECRAC Grant Portal or have any other questions, please feel free to contact ECRAC at email@example.com or by calling (320)396-2337.