These grant application materials are outdated and are for information purposes only. New grant application materials will be available in July 2013.
The East Central Regional Arts Council has grants available for local or regional arts projects sponsored/organized by organizations, nonprofits, and units of government. This category provides support to organizations for a wide variety of arts projects involving the creation, sponsorship, publication, performance, and/or exhibition of art. Arts producing activities or services for artists or arts organizations should result from the project. There is no limit on the number of grants that can be received each fiscal year but applicants are limited to submitting one application per grant deadline.
The ECRAC funds requests of $5,000 or less (with an equal match provided by the applicant) in this category. Average grants are about $3,000. Schools are eligible for funding. There are two application deadlines per year for this program, August 1 and January 15. Examples of eligible projects:
- Performances by touring artists/companies
- Exhibitions such as visual art shows
- Local theatre productions
- Residencies involving a professional artist
- Workshops, classes, publications, films, and presentations that promote artists or participation in the arts
- Other projects providing access to the arts for community audiences
To apply you will need the following:
1. FY 2012-2013 ECRAC Art Organization Project and Small Grant Guidelines-Instructions (pdf) - read this before applying to understand the grant funding guidelines and to find the application instructions.
2. ECRAC Organization Art Project Grant Application FY 2012-2013. This is available as an rtf which you can open on your computer and use "save as" to make it your own file. It's also a pdf so that you can see what the hard copy of the application looks like.
3. Additional materials as explained in both the instructions and the checklist on the final page of the application. These items ensure the eligibility of your organization and help to establish that the project fits the grant review criteria.
4. RAC Data Collection Form - this is required with all ECRAC grant applications.