These grant application materials are outdated and are for information purposes only. New grant application materials will be available in July 2013.
The East Central Regional Arts Council has grants available for local or regional arts projects sponsored/organized by organizations, nonprofits, and units of government. This program is intended to provide an easier access to a smaller amount of grant funds for arts projects. There are four deadlines per fiscal year for this program. Please call before applying to determine funding availability.
These grants provide funds for arts and cultural projects and are awarded on a matching funds basis. Small Grants of up to $500 are considered. Schools are eligible for funding. There is no limit on the number of grants that can be received each fiscal year but applicants are limited to submitting one application per grant deadline.
ECRAC supports this program in order to encourage new organizations and communities to become involved in arts programming, the application is simplified. However, all applicants must meet the eligibility and program standards for Art Projects Grants.
The following criteria apply to the Small Grants program:
- The deadline is four times a year: August 1, October 1, February 1, and April 1
- Projects should start, at the earliest, 45 days after the grant deadline
- Applicants need 50% matching funds for grant funded project
- Requests for funding are reviewed and approved by the Regional Arts Council
To apply you will need the following:
- FY 2012-2013 ECRAC Art Organization Project and Small Grant Guidelines-Instructions (pdf) - read this before applying to understand the grant funding guidelines and to find the application instructions.
- ECRAC Small Grant Application FY 12-13. This is available as an rtf which you can open on your computer and use "save as" to make it your own file. It's also a pdf so that you can see what the hard copy of the application looks like.
- Additional materials as explained in both the instructions and the checklist on the final page of the application. These items ensure the eligibility of your organization and help to establish that the project fits the grant review criteria.
- RAC Data Collection Form - this is required with all ECRAC grant applications.