Barriers to Grant Application
Barriers for artists applying for grants:
- Access to technology and the ability to apply through online portals.
- Awareness of granting opportunities and eligibility.
- Many may not realize what qualifies as art. For example, traditional artists are eligible to apply. In addition, digital creative activities are art. We support creators of all kinds.
- So many have never done any grant writing before at all and had no idea where/how to start so they just never attempted.
At the East Central Regional Arts Council we get it and are committed to helping with these barriers!
East Central Regional Arts Council
options for you to get info on how to apply
If you are in Minnesota's Region 7E, the counties of Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine, art grant funds are available.
Do you have questions like:
- When can I apply?
- What if I don't have the technology?
- What grant should I apply for?
- Is my art project eligible for a grant?
- How do I apply for a grant?
- What type of art projects are funded?
- What are the requirements to be eligible for funding?
You can schedule your very own virtual grant info session that covers any grant questions you need information on. We call it our virtual consultation drop-ins! Now you can set up your own session to get the answers you need. The length and format of the session is up to you! Or whether you had in mind a Q & A session or a more formal presentation. You pick the format and topic/s, and the length of time you need. Schedule a time that fits your schedule, set it up, and get a link for the session. And there’s just no better time than now to get those answers! It’s really that easy!
Interested? Click above to schedule it yourself, or just send us an email at email@example.com or call us at (320) 591-7034.
We’ll schedule a time that works for you and get you all set up.
Or, if you prefer to attend a grant info session that is already scheduled, you can do that too! We offer grant info sessions each month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
Upcoming info sessions for artists (also known as creators, culture bearers, writers, videographers, dancers, poets, photographers, and so many more):
- Friday, November 12th at 2:00 PM
ECRAC also has videos on the website of the full grant information sessions. Check those out if it is easier for you. Just go to the webpage of the grant you would like to apply for.
We are looking forward to hearing about your projects and creative ideas and to helping you overcome any barriers to the application process!
These activities are made possible by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a
legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.